“BIG UP!” Distribution Guidelines (Detailed Rules)
The Distribution Guidelines
The “BIG UP!” Distribution Guidelines (Detailed Rules) (the “Distribution Guidelines”) are the guidelines which are applied when the Member uses the “BIG UP! Distribution Service” or the “BIG UP! Song Delivery Service” (collectively, the “Service”) and when the Member carries out the Song Registration. The Service is provided by Avex Entertainment Inc. (the “Company”).
Sound quality degradation due to processing
The Company or each Distributor may process your registered Title or change a file format of the Title in order to conform to distribution requirements of each Distributor. This processing or change may degrade sound quality. Please understand in advance.
Description of the Title (Single / Album)
You can write explanation, public relations and other information on your song.
This description may be utilized for introducing the Title within the Service or by part of the Distributors.
You must select at least one genre.
If the Distributor does not have the genre you selected, the Company may change it without prior notice. If the genre is found to be inappropriate, the Company may change it without prior notice.
Data embedded with a song file
Please do not embed any data in your song file. This may cause problems at the time of distribution. If data is embedded in your registered song file, the Company may delete the embedded data.
For the A La Carte, the Title is sold without Digital Rights Management (DRM).
The “Classical” genre is not available for distribution at “iTunes Store” (the Service does not distribute the Titles to the genre). You can try to distribute your song at genres other than the “Classical,” but you may not be able to distribute it if “iTunes Store” finds your attempt is inappropriate.
Payment of the Management Fees
You can make payments by the methods below:
* The Foreign Member can pay for the fees only by a credit card.
VISA / Master Card / DINERS
<Mobile phone payment>
docomo payment / au Simple Payment / Softbank * matomete shiharai
Web Money / NET CASH /LINE Pay
* The Company will confirm validity of your registered payment information at any time.
Distribution start date of the Distributor
A distribution start date means the day when each Distributor starts distribution.
* Please note that the distribution start date is different from the day of starting an effective period of the Service.
* Distribution may fall behind your designated distribution start date due to circumstances of reviewing by each Distributor. If you wish a specific “distribution start date”, you are recommended to apply for the Service at least three weeks before the “distribution start date.”
Changes in content of the Title after starting distribution
Once the Distributor has started distributing the Title, you cannot change the content of the Title during a distribution period. Please check the content sufficiently before registering the Title.
Review for distribution
- For the Service, the Company or the Distributor checks the song, jacket, data format and other matters before distributing the Title. Please read the information below:
Song file formats
The following format is recommended as the format of a song file you upload.
- Bit rate: 16 bit
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz
- Channel: Stereo
- File format: WAV
* You may not be able to upload your song if you use any format other than above.
・Length of a song: Not less than 31 seconds but not more than ten minutes.
There is an exception. You cannot distribute the Creative Master containing a song with not less than ten minutes as the Single, but you can use the song as one of songs recorded in the Album.
* Length of a song is not less than 31 seconds. In the Service, any song with less than 31 seconds is unavailable.
* If you wish to distribute a song with not less than ten minutes, please email us from this page for inquiry. Please understand in advance that the Company might not be able to meet your expectations.
* The Company may change your format in order to conform to distribution requirements of each Distributor.
- If lyrics contain the expressions below (examples of expressions include, but are not limited to these), the Distributor may not be able to distribute the Title. After starting distribution, the Company or the Distributor may suspend, stop or discontinue the distribution.
- To illustrate crime methods in detail or attractively;
- To justify human trafficking, child abuse, animal abuse and suicide;
- To use expressions that have negative impacts on minors (such as recommending smoking or drinking and encouraging chugging and dangerous play);
- To discriminate or slander people based on races, birthplaces, diseases, religion, credos, gender, nationality, occupations and other factors;
- To affirm or recommend drugs such as narcotic drugs and stimulants;
- To make obscene expressions;
- To use expressions that could clearly identify areas, places and individual or organization names and thereby make the person or organization or related persons uncomfortable, or to use expressions that could infringe privacy rights;
- In addition, any other expressions that the Company or the Distributor decides inappropriate.
* In addition, the Distributor may not be able to distribute the Title due to description of the Title or an artist name.
If the uploaded Title apparently infringes rights of other people such as copyrights, if the Company or the Distributor receives an warning from a third party that the uploaded Title infringes rights of other people such as copyrights or if the Company decides that the uploaded Title may infringe rights of other people such as copyrights based on investigations of the Company, the Company shall be able to delete the Song Registration and stop use of the Service.
* After starting distribution, the Company or the Distributor may suspend, stop, discontinue the distribution or take any other measures.
The User of BIG UP! shall be able to preview the Title. The Member shall accept the preview in advance.
In setting a preview start time, if you select the option of “leaving the choice to the Distributor,” the timing for starting the preview is decided at the option of each Distributor.
For some of songs, the Company or each Distributor may adjust the timing for starting the preview or the number of preview seconds without prior notice.
In principle, royalties for copyrights shall not be paid for previews.
You can check the Income Distributions on the Website or the App.
Handling if the Title is distributed in the distribution service which is provided by the Distributors in the United States and Mexico (“U.S. and Mexico”) to residents in the countries
The Member who receives the Income Distributions shall clear copyrights for the Musical Works at its responsibility. The Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the copyright clearance.
Handling if the Title is distributed in the distribution service which is provided by the U.S. and Canadian Distributors to residents in the countries (this shall be applied to the Members other than the Foreign Members)
In the Service, if the Member executes a publishing agreement with a Japanese music publisher for the Musical Works but there is no description of the music publisher, no royalties for copyrights are distributed in the distribution service which is provided by U.S. and Canadian Distributors to residents in the countries.
If there is description of the music publisher but the name of the music publisher is wrong or if a Japanese music publisher has not executed sub publishing agreements with other music publishers, the same shall apply.
If the cases above, the Company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the handling above.
In principle, the Company confirms reports (final reports) and payments from each Distributor, reflects information on My Page and announces information by e-mail (in Japanese) and on My Page. If there are no sales results at all Distributors, My Page will not be updated.
Changes, etc. of the Distribution Guidelines
The Distribution Guidelines may be modified or changed due to changes in the details of the Service and other reasons.
Enacted: October 17, 2016
Revised: January 16, 2017
Revised: April 1, 2017
Revised: September 15, 2017
Revised: January 12, 2018
Revised: February 6, 2018
Revised: March 13, 2020